PrairieVista Tax Services Inc. Logo

PrairieVista Tax Services Inc.

Tax Preparation Services, Bookkeeping Services and Small Business Tax Consultant

Frequently Asked Questions

Call Us Today

Located in Sherwood Park servicing Edmonton, Sherwood Park and Leduc

If my accountant has a designation, should I automatically trust them?

No. Make sure you know what designation your accountant has and if they are the right one for you! Having an accountant with a designation that is not specific to your needs could end up costing you more money in the end.

When filing corporate taxes, which documents do I need from my accountant?

You are going to need several income and expense documents. To save yourself time, the best thing you can do is set up an appointment with me and we can go over the documents you need. If you do not have them, I can help you find them through the revenue agency. Filing corporate taxes can be a long and difficult process—let me help! I have a handy checklist that will help you organize your documentation.

When my sole-proprietor taxes are prepared, which documents do I need from my accountant?

This is a great question and one that I often get! There are several pieces of information you will need, such as income, business and home expenses, and car expenses. My best advice is to get in touch with me with a list of the most common expenses you can deduct. I can give you a more detailed list of what you need and where to find it!

Which business costs can I claim as tax deductible expenses?

There are many business costs that you can claim as tax deductibles and some that you cannot. For example, some business gifts can be written off, but others cannot. The boundaries can sometimes be blurred on what qualifies as a tax write off. Having me help you with your business tax filing can clear up all of your questions.

What tax records do I need to keep for my business?

I would advise you to keep any document that shows income or deductions along with your tax records for seven years according to Revenue Canada guidelines.

What is the most appropriate tax structure for my business?

There are three different business structures:

  • Sole proprietorships
  • Partnerships
  • Incorporations

Each one is treated differently by tax law. Hiring me to work with you can help outline what tax laws apply to your business!

What Documents do I need?

View Checklist

Is it difficult to change PrairieVista Tax Services Inc. accountants? How do I do so?

No. The whole process is actually a lot easier than you may think! Once you hire me, I can send a takeover letter to your former accountant. This will allow all your files and information to be released and taken over by PrairieVista Tax Services Inc..

How do I schedule a consultation with PrairieVista Tax Services Inc.?

Call now at (780) 469-3532 or through my online contact form. I will be in touch with you as soon as possible!